feijoas- 500g flesh scooped out
bananas- 2 large peeled and chopped
cream 1/2 cup
natural yoghurt- 1/3 cup
vanilla extract- 1 1/2 teaspoons
crystalised ginger- 1/4 cup chopped (optional)
1. Line a large tray with baking paper and arrange feijoas and bananas on top in a single layer. Cover with glad wrap and freeze for at least eight hours until frozen hard.
2. When ready to serve the ice cream, place frozen feijoas and bananas in the bowl of a large food processor with a strong blade.
3. In a bowl, mix cream yoghurt and vanilla together.
4. Add half of the cream mixture to the forzen fruit and blend until well combined-add more cream and mixture as neccesary, until you have achieved an ice-cream consistency.
5. Add the crystallised ginger and very briefly pulse to just mix it in with the ice cream.
Serve immediately with sliced feijoas.